An about modal displays information about an application like product version number(s), as well as any appropriate legal text.
- Backdrop: Blurs any interface elements in the background to bring the modal content into focus
- Branding: Provides logo and branding for the product. Substitute your own logotype by providing an SVG that can be scaled proportionately to fit the space.
- Product title
- Close button
- Content: Label and version
- When version and build information are both shown: Version 6.3 (Build 5)
- When version only: Version 6.3
- When build only: Build 5
- Modal image: The modal image should be the same as the background image you use for your application.
- Trademark and copyright information: Optionally include legal text. Suggested format for copyright - Copyright (c) 2018 Company
Use an about modal to provide information about a product including the product name, logo, version numbers, and any appropriate legal text.
Accessing the about modal
Provide access to an about modal using a help icon in the application masthead. Clicking the help icon will launch a dropdown menu. The help menu should always include an option labeled "About" that launches the about modal.
View source on GitHub